Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dreadlocks

After a humid (by Colorado standards) Monday, today is back to normal here. I walked 3 miles yesterday morning and 3 and a half miles today - so my ability to breathe is getting better. again, I walked early in the morning and enjoyed the sights and sounds of a mostly asleep town. The loudest noise was Boulder Creek chuckling to itself within its banks. I did startle a duck, and it quacked at me, but even that seemed muted this morning.

I have two day visits with DeJa this week - and am looking forward to seeing the big guy today. My kits have been busy stalking birds outside, but haven't made any catches. Lovey is used to my routine of walking early, and as soon as there is a hint of light in the windows, she comes to my pillow to awaken me. This morning I had to take 10 minutes to get Banichi's dreadlocks out of my hair - he sleeps on the pillow and "grooms" my hair at night, so I have mutiple mini-dreadlocks several mornings a week that I have to brush out.

I had some extra broccoli and put it out last night at the edge of the patio - the kits and I were entertained by watching a group of 8 young rabbits helping themselves to the free food, and then playing tag and hop-over among themselves. The raccoons didn't make an appearance last night - but Taylor came by and Lovey and Banichi were able to perform their watch-cats routine.

No comments: