Sunday, June 29, 2008

Niwot Arts & Crafts Show

I arrived in Niwot yesterday to take care of Spike for a while. He is a sweetheart. After checking in with him, getting the mail in, and unpacking my few things, I headed over into Old Town Niwot and looked over the Arts & Crafts Festival. There is also one in Lyons this weekend, as well as the 5-mile Lyons River Run (where my sisiter and brother-in-law are this morning). The different types of art-work in Niwot were amazing - some breath-taking beautiful, some so-so, and some (in my poor judgement) simply awful. But the small community was really buzzing - it was so busy that I ducked out earlier than I intended due to the crowds.

Spike had a restless night; he was up almost once every hour. I know this because he rubs his nose and chin all over my nose when he returns to bed, which awakens me. But he seems fine this morning - had a nice turn out in the yard before I began watering the plants - and chowed down well. He is currently sleeping in my lap while I write and post this. Will head home for a couple of hours to see and love my kits, and then return to Spike.

No comments: