Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ready for Spike

The cold front has arrived, bringing cloudy skies and cooler temperatures. It felt positively brisk out this morning, during my walk. This morning I walked the Boulder Creek Path up to the mouth of Boulder Canyon and then returned home through the historic walking district of old homes and then on up to the 29th Street Mall and back around home. It was almost, but not quite, 5 miles. I'll be walking more today on my way from the Niwot Park-n-Ride to Spike's house.

DeJa was his usual sweet self for his visit yesterday, even though he'd left a mess for me to clean up - but then, he's an old man and accidents happen. Spike and I will probably spend most of our time together (for the next 4 days) sprawled on the sofa, reading together, or observing the sprinklers in the yard at dusk. He's a snuggler, and the only problem we have is that, in the summer, his furry bod is a bit too warm for me.... and sometimes I'm too warm for him.

I'll be home for several hours each day to love my two kits - Banichi and Lovey usually understand when I'm off pet-sitting; and they seem to love me more when I finally return and sleep in my bed with them. I'll feed and love them, let them out for a short run, clean their litter boxes, top off the bird feeders and love them more. - Have a great weekend!

No comments: