Friday, August 8, 2008

Cool Grey Morning

We had several rain showers yesterday afternoon and evening; this morning we are cool, grey, and somewhat muggy. The Flatirons are covered by fog and the tops of the mountains and hills are covered by clouds. It was great to go out walking in the coolness this morning - but I ended up dripping wet due to the humidity. And last night was the first time in 6 weeks that I didn't have to run the fan all night - marvelous!

After my rant yesterday regarding human and wildlife and DoW interaction, I had to laugh when the first Letter to the Editor in today's local paper was about DoW and bears. The person who wrote it is a "bear watcher" for the city/county and DoW - and claims the death of bears locally is caused only by citizens feeding the bears. She ends her letter with the statement: "Remember, a fed bear is a dead bear." She says that people in and around Boulder who feed birds, compost, and leave their trash out are asking the DoW to kill bears. I could not agree less.

I'm getting ready to make a quick trip to Hila's house to check on her, the chicken, the bees, and the birds. Hila's master looks after her, the gardens, and the kids well enough, but his wife wants me to check on the other entities while she is gone. The bees definitely need water, and her husband frequently forgets them. Tomorrow is the Zbaby Baby Shower, and I need to wrap the gift I have, or I'll completely forget about it. And it turns out that Cousin Pete and his family from Indiana will be visiting at either the end of August or the beginning of September. And I'm going to help my sister with party preparations for her big bash on August 30th.... I'm tired just thinking about it - I don't know if I'll be able to handle 12+hours of partying!

No comments: