Friday, August 29, 2008

Little things

Last night was cool and brezy both in Denver and Boulder. The DNC came to a rousing close, and I could hear cheers from the Millenium Harvest House Hotel and various apartments located nearby. And now McCain has named Gov. Sarah Palin, of Alaska, as his running mate. This will be an interesting national election....

I had some really odd dreams last night - I took Lovey as a date to a restaurant and scandalized the group of people I had gone out with; I was in a cable car and didn't have a ticket and held up the whole line of cars because I couldn't find it; Jeffrey and I were invited to meet the Queen of England because of our blood-ties to the family and Jeff stood up on a chair in the Royal Dining Hall to propose a toast and spilled wine all over the tablecloth; I was trying to protect my children from a local battle in green fields and was upset because the kids kept going off to explore the nearby countryside, while I was trying to keep them under cover and run for our lives... I guess my subconcious is trying to tell me something.....

Today my walk was cool and nice, with plenty of birdsong - my walk along the Creek was brisk and invigorating, and I also walked through part of the Historic section of town; there were lots of crows and ravens speaking to me from the trees, and I spoke back. (I'm sure anyone seeing me talking to the corvids was convinced that I really am nuts.) Tomorrow is the big party at my sister's house... I hope all goes well; other than when I'm blocking traffic for the parade, I plan to sit in a quiet, shady area and observe.... Here's to the Githen's Acres block party!

No comments: