Sunday, August 3, 2008

Live Bird Presents

We actually had a tiny rain shower a few minutes ago! And, with the cloud cover we have, it seems that we might get a little more rain soon. I haven't seen lightning, but I've enjoyed listening to the thunder rumbling for the last hour or so.

Lovey and Banichi celebrated my homecoming this morning by bringing me (one each) a live bird... both were in good enough shape to release them to the wild again - and both flew off, chirping excitedly - they had escaped the sure jaws of death!

Ricky-roo, the young male squirrel, has grown tremendously - and has become a little uncomfortable having to travel between my two kits to get to his peanuts. I think that may have to do with a new cat in the complex; he's a very handsome black and white youngster (not quite a year old) named Zaoul, but generally called "Kitty." He comes by and wants to be friends with my kits, but Lovey and Banichi get all territorial and hiss and scream at the poor guy.

Since I haven't been home much at all these past four weeks, I need to get busy and clean the apartment again - Lovey likes to roll and play in dirt, and brings a great deal of the outside back in with her; Banichi likes to roll in grass and on concrete, and frequently brings empty bird seed hulls inside on his fur. And, of course, there are regular things, like laundry, dishes, and de-frosting the freezer to do as well.... At least I'm home with my kits!

No comments: