Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics, Baby Shower, Pet Loss

It's a warm day, and somewhat muggy. Parts of Denver received over 3 inches of rain in 2 hours last night, and it flooded the Interstate, which had to be closed. Did it rain here? No. But due to the rain in Denver, half of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies were shown without sound - of course, to make it up, NBC re-played the Opening Ceremonies - but that started at 1:40 am. I slept like a rock after seeing the lighting of the torch in the stadium at 11:30 our time.

I walked early this morning - enjoyed the mist shifting among the tree branches and along the creek banks. Today I'm attending a baby shower for DeJa's Mom - she had been hoping he'd live until the baby was born, but it just wasn't meant to be.

For those of us who truly love our pets and make them a family member, it's very difficult to lose that pet. WhoDat lived with me for 21 years, Booger for 18 years, Houston lived with my husband for 15 years - and DeJa was with his family for 18 years, too. My dear cousin Sarah, who lives in Missouri, sent me the "Rainbow Bridge" poem to share with DeJa's family. One can look it up on the internet by just searching for "Rainbow Bridge" - and it is attached to a wonderful website that helps owners/guardians/families deal with the loss of a beloved pet. I highly recommend this website if you lose a pet, or are dealing with an elderly pet. It does help.

No comments: