Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1 a.m. Visit

After my walk this morning, I stopped in at the local bakery - but nothing appealed, so I got a large tangelo instead of a pastry for breakfast. Then I added a bunch of grapes and a goblet of juice. It was quite satisfactory. Lovey is sitting in the patio door, watching RedBoa, a squirrel help himself to a bunch of peanuts. I currently have "No Waste" seed in one feeder, raw unshelled sunflower seeds in the other, and am placing roasted un-salted peanuts in the chairs. I'm sure that Chokie, my neighbor, has noticed, but so far she hasn't made any comment to me.

I toddled off to the public library yesterday afternoon, and was stared at by a student - it was 64 degrees outside and very nice; I was wearing a T-shirt and shorts and sneakers. This poor kid was wearing a long-sleeved button-cuffed shirt, a hoodie sweatshirt, a zipped vest and another open jacket over the rest - and he still looked cold and miserable. (Of course, he also had on sweatpants and sneakers.) He stared at me and I stared at him. Finally I said, "It's a matter of acclimation. I've been here for 4 years." I feel pretty sure he was a CU freshman from Florida or south Texas... he'll learn.

I'm having some problems with my PC - when I try to place a photo in the blog, I get a "Done with errors on page" message, and the photos won't post. So I apologize for not sharing the photos I love with you, and I will continue to figure out what bugs I have in my system - even though the Spy and Virus Sweeper swear I'm clean... I see my shrink tomorrow, and I guess we'll discuss changing meds again; spoke with my therapist this morning and will see her the first week of October.

I was awakened by Banichi and Lovey launching off the bed at 1 a.m. earlier. They paraded and hissed in front of the patio door and window, and I occasionally heard a thump against the glass. It was the raccoon family - and I don't know if it was the 'coons or the cats who were thumping the glass. I do know that I'll pick up any extra peanuts tonight before I go to bed - not because I want to starve the raccoons, but just so they won't be encouraged to hang around here - they make for a very wakeful night!

No comments: