Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blue Skies

As soon as I typed that title, I started to hear Willie Nelson sing the song inside my head. It's currently in the mid-50s, with beautiful clear blue skies everywhere in sight. Nothing like the folks who are suffering through Ike - and, honestly, I'm glad I'm not there. We had much needed rain here yesterday, and this morning was crisp; the prairie dogs were zipping about, and so were the squirrels. The birds have been rather quiet so far - but I'm sure the crew at my apartment is singing merrily.

Spike and I slept well, after watching the Weather Channel's coverage of Ike last night. This morning the forecasters have Ike turning back to the northeast, so I'll have to worry about cousin Glenn and Sarah in Missouri. I'm looking forward to the Georgia - South Carolina college football game this afternoon - CU has a bye this weekend, but will host West Virginia on Thursday afternoon/evening; I don't know who I'll root for in the CU-WV game - probably both teams. Today I'll be rooting for the Gamecocks, the Hokies, and the Cavaliers. (Gators aren't playing.)

Spike has been doing very well - of course, his main meals are regulated, and I monitor him before and after his meals and shots. He doesn't really meow anymore - his cry sounds more like a hoarse and husky call of "Maaa!" He's already gone out to prowl the fence line this morning, but didn't get very far; he's not fond of wet feet, and the grass is still covered with droplets of rain from yesterday. Keystone Ski Resort got 5 inches of snow yesterday, and the Arapahoe Basis reported 2 to 3 inches of the white stuff. It will all be gone by noon tomorrow....

Oh, and Sarah Palin's Pancake Breakfast has already been cancelled - I haven't heard the reason behind the cancellation yet.

No comments: