Friday, September 19, 2008

CU Football; a Dream

Well. It was an exciting night here in Boulder - CU Buffaloes against the West Virginia Montaineers. Tied at the end of the fourth quarter; WV got the ball first in over time - ran it down the field (thanks to Noel Devine, who is no relation); kicked a field goal - and it bounced back after hitting the left upright. Buffs got the ball, made a field goal, and won, 17-14. Partying was still going on at 3 this morning. My sister had parked in my space, here at the apartment building, and gone to work; she was asked to work extra, so she got to my place just as everyone was leaving the game. So she ended up in here, eating Oreos, while waiting for the traffic to clear so she could just get out of the parking lot. CU has had a pretty lousy football program for at least the past 10 years, so with a 3-0 record, and with the Mountaineers having been a nationally-ranked team, the students are very happy at the moment.

Folks are working on cleaning up the backyard after it's use last night as a parking lot and tail-gating area. Even though the patio door is open, my kits have retreated inside to avoid the unknown people and their rattling trash cans on wheels. One car is still left in the backyard - I don't know if the driver has forgotten where it's parked, or partied too hard after the game and has not yet awoken. I took a walk around and through the campus this morning - while the campus is working on a making ball games a "Zero Waste" event, it's evident that it's not a zero-waste event elsewhere. Saw lots of trash, lots and lots of beer cans and bottles, and lots of yucky vomit patches all over the sidewalks. Yuck. After the next home game I will walk in a very different direction!

I had the weirdest dream this morning - I was travelling on foot with three cats, and a war had been declared; vehicles full of gas/diesel were being flung by giant siege machines, and the cats and I were constantly in fear of having a vehicle either land on us, or being knocked down by the concussive forces of the explosions. And with all the noise and explosions, I could still hear the kits meow at me, and they could hear me talking to them....

No comments: