Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Grey Day

Today was grey and misty, with a high of 62 degrees. We might get to 60 tomorrow, and snow is falling above 10,000 feet, which means that Leadville will probably wear a white coat in the morning. I got up and walked early. It's very different walking in Niwot - I saw prairie dogs and squirrels and birds, horses, goats and cattle on my walk. Loved up on Spike, gave him breakfast, then gave him his insulin shot; loved him some more and then headed into Boulder to love my kits.

While walking from Spike's to the bus stop, my glasses misted over with incredibly small droplets of condensation - but I didn't really feel damp or wet, just cool. Walked from the bus stop in Boulder to my apartment, and was greeted by both kits at the door. I loved both of them, fed them, cleaned their potty boxes, and let them out while I refilled the bird feeders and put out nuts for RedBoa. It began to drizzle in a few minutes, and both kits got into my lap while I was on the computer. They started swatting one another to have sole possession of my lap, so I put both of them on floor. When I had finished answering a few genealogy queries, I then laid in my bed and both kits came and snuggled - Lovey wanted under the cover, of course.

I dropped off to sleep for a nice nap; awakened, had lunch, read to the kids for a while, gave them a treat, and then headed back to Niwot. I chose that time because it was in between rain showers - and I stopped in at Sunflower along the way because Kathy had picked up a package of raw unsalted almonds for me. Grabbed the bus, arrived in Niwot, checked in on Spike, and walked to the Niwot Market to pick up one of their fresh baugettes at 4 p.m. I picked up Spike's mail and then he and I snuggled on the sofa until it was supper time. We watched the "Comment on Service" show wherein both McCain and Obama answered questions from two journalists.
Will soon take Spike to bed. ... Let me amend that, I will soon join Spike in bed... he's already stretched out with his head on a pillow. 'Night all.

No comments: