Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kits and Niwot Nostalgia Day

Well, I'm definitely having problems with my PC at home. I'll continue this blog from Spike's house and try to get my PC cleared up during this upcoming week. I missed cousin Pete from Indiana yesterday - while I did get to speak with him on the phone, I didn't get to actually see him and his wife. Ah, well... Our high here yesterday was 54 degrees; it's supposed to be in the low 70s today, but if these afternoon clouds don't break up, I doubt it will get that warm. Today is the first home game for the CU Buffs, so I swept my patio and made certain things were "nice" as soon as I arrived home (and let the kits out for 90 minutes). Before I left to return here, the backyard was almost full of parked vehicles for the game; and several children had commented on Banichi and Lovey watching them through the window.

Spike had a grand time marking my face and hands with his chin and lips last night - I know the routine he has, so I wasn't surprised that as soon as I was in bed, he was on my chest, purring. He is extremely thorough, beginning with my chin and working up, and then tackling each of my hands. Lovey and Banichi know that I belong to them, and so there is no big deal about another animals' scent on me. I did shower this morning, but Spike marked most of my face again before I left to go home...

Today is Niwot Nostalgia Day, with events planned from 7:30 in the morning until 10 tonight. It opens with a pancake breakfast, and a parade through Old Town at 10 a.m. From 11 to 2, there are rides and games specifically for the kids, as well as two different magic shows; there will be a quilt show going on, and the Niwot Timberline Symphony Orchestra will perform for 90 minutes. Later, there's a duck race in the creek; and, of course, there are food and arts and crafts booths open, as well as the local stores. The Community Band will perform during dinner time, and the Fab 4 will play in the square from 7 until 10 tonight. The Dapper Dog Day Spa will be taking free photos of man's best friend, giving away doggie treats, and will have both an animal communicator and a pet massage therapist on hand - it's a good day to be a canine in Niwot!

No comments: