Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A "Play-House" Delivery

It is a cool, blue-skied morning here. When I started my walk it was 48 degrees outside; I saw several people in sweatsuits, but, as usual, I was in shorts and a T-shirt, and got several questioning looks back. It felt a little cool, but refreshing; and I did work up a good sweat while in the sunshine. Unfortunately, I forgot to put my lip balm in my pocket and my lips got burnt this morning....

The slide show and discussion of the Coast to Coast Path at Changes in Lattitudes last night was fun. I think I most enjoyed the fact that the presenter was NOT a polished speaker - and did not have a memorized travelogue commentary... She was fun and charming; a young lady from Rome, Georgia, who hiked the Coast to Coast this past July and August. Apparently her group of 7 walkers were also keenly appreciative of the pubs they passed along the way, which resulted in a few comedic photos. There was also a close-up of sheep poop and a cow pattie to show us the hazards of cross-country walking through privately owned fields - even though it is a national trail.

My kits and I slept well last night - Lovey had to be inside my nightgown again. I'm headed off to spend most of the day with Ooch and to see my sister's new "play-house" that is supposed to be delivered this morning. She's stated that since we moved around so much as Navy brats, she never got to have a play house in the backyard as she was growing up, and she has always felt deprived by that lack. So, here she is, at 58, getting a play house for her backyard... I just hope she can keep the dogs out of it - otherwise it will just be a big dog-house in the backyard.

No comments: