Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spike, Brandi, and my Kits

This morning it is grey and overcast, but doesn't smell like rain. I puttered around Spike's house this morning and had breakfast at the Garden Gate Cafe - a very nice little shop a half-block from the house that serves an excellent breakfast! Grabbed a Daily Camera at the Niwot Market, and went back to cuddle more with Spike. Caught the 9:26 bus into Boulder, and stopped at Safeway to get a bag of dry food that the kits like. Mary, the lady I've helped with using the internet, was there and informed me that Stacey, another employee, has a computer in her home and is helping Mary with her search for a part-time job as a baby sitter.

I got to my place, loved and fed the kits, cleaned their potty boxes, and wandered toward the desk. My phone was blinking, indicating a message; I checked the number, but don't know anyone in Englewood; I cautiously played the message. It was Chalkie's ex-owner. Her car had broken down, and she didn't have my sister's phone number, and I was to call Kathy and/or her husband and send them to pick her up. The call had been made to me at 8:20 in the morning; it was then 10:10, and I was supposed to instruct Jim or Kathy to pick her up at 9:20 somewhere in Superior. I called and left a message relaying this information to Kathy and Jim. Jim called me back about 30 minutes later and said that having Ellen stay at their house was... interesting. I am still outraged.

I then received a most welcome call from Brandi's owners - I'll be staying with her for the week of Thanksgiving. She'll be a wonderful quiet treat to stay with during what is usually a very hectic week. I leave Spike to his family tomorrow - I'll miss his snuggling on the sofa in the evening. Banichi and Lovey are out stalking pigeons this morning - they won't give up, even though the birds are as large as Lovey is; Banichi is just not fast enough, but he definitely has the drive to hunt for prey almost as big as he is.

No comments: