Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Trying new tech out...

Beautiful mornings, beautiful weather, beautiful views... what more could one ask for? Poor Suki and Boo - it turns out my sister and Jim didn't return home until well after midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning. Kathy left messages on both my home phone and Connie's the neighbors phone. I had a key but was in Brighton (and didn't check my messages); Connie was home, but did not have a way to get into the house to feed the dogs.... Other than being extremely hungry, no harm seems to have occurred.

Last night Nikki decided she was "my" dog, since her owner had left her with me. Even though she has a bed on the floor next to mine, she crawled into bed with me - so we slept the night away - one human, one canine and three of four felines all in one bed. Shadow, the fourth cat, slept on a corner of the bureau next to the bed. So we were all one big happy, sleepy family. And, I managed to get a few photos taken. I also took Nikki for a long walk around her neighborhood this morning - I thought Boo pulled hard on the leash; Nikki is an equal to Boo in that regard. The power went off after I went to bed last night - I had to reset clocks all over the house, but luckily the central heating and cooling system reset itself.

Lovey and Banichi are out baking in the sun - it's 62 degrees, so the heat feels good. The patio door is wide open, the bird feeders and chair seat are full of seed and peanuts. I can hear the birds chirping like mad, and one of the squirrels is talking from the top of the fence; crows are crying from about a block away... It's gorgeous. Well... I need to write a few letters, then I'll see if I can upload a couple of the photos I've taken.... Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: