Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cool this morning...

It's a good thing that my sister and brother-in-law have been discussing an early retirement for Jim; he was laid off from Ball Aerospace yesterday afternoon, and told to clear his office after 29+ years. He'll get a nice termination/layoff package, but it's still a surprise....

It was 35 when I went out walking this morning - it's now 42... Another front is due in Friday with a high in the low 60s, with highs over the weekend in the 40s and possible snow. The kits went out and had a good run in the backyard this morning, then they both came in and curled up together on a flannel blanket. I went ahead and closed the patio door; and Gimpy arrived early to get some peanuts.

My cousin Sarah sent me 17 photos from our family's past... several photos of my parents were ones that I had never seen before, and there were a few of me as a child, but a lot of the photos were of Kathy. I sent the photos on to Kathy and Jim, Sarah and Michael. Jim was astounded at how much Kathy looks like Mom... I was astounded by a photo of Dad in a short-sleeved sweater/knit shirt at Pony Penning on Chincotague in the late 1940s - talk about a blast from the past!

I also just found out that if you click on any of the photos I posted on this blog, you can get a much larger photo on your monitor - if you want to look at any details, that is. I hope to take some photos of my kits and possibly a self-portrait within the next few days... I'm also cleaning up the apartment for a new chair, a new end table, and a CD player. I already have a cover for the chair - the cats and I are both hard on furniture - The cats with scratching and their fur, me just because I have oily skin, and then add lotion because my skin dries and cracks in this dry air... *sigh* ... I can't win, skin-wise. Pimples as a kid, teen, and an adult... dry skin because of the altitude and aridness of the area... lotion to keep the skin from cracking and peeling... and my elbows always look like they've been hit with sandpaper.... Oh, well. (No real boo-hoos from me!)

No comments: