Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Face-first

I fell face first last night. It was no one's fault but my own. I went to my class at the Outlook Hotel; they were un-prepared for the turn-out they had and I ended up sitting on the somewhat spongy floor of the rock-climbing area. I hate to say it, but I did not learn anything at the class. And I doubt now that they'll use me, as I do not own a cell phone. Walking back from the bus stop into Wonderland Hills was when I tripped - luckily my face-plant was into grass and flowers, though my left knee did take a good whack.

Silver and Smiley have been wonderful kids! Their Mom returned this afternoon and said I did a good job with them. I know I stretched myself - but that's good for me and the dogs. We visited Boo and Suki this morning and it was loads of fun to watch the dogs interact.

Returned home a little while ago; the kits were extremely happy to get out and go play in the sunshine - it's 75 here. The squirrels made a mad dash for the peanuts and have taken almost all of them, and I had to fill the no-waste feeder so the birds would have some munchies. The weather just ended and they said it's gonna be 16 tonight in Alamosa and 18 in Gunnison. I'm happy with our forecast 38. Supposedly we will have a week's worth of Indian Summer that began yesterday... that means temperatures in the 50s or so for the Naked Pumpkin Run Friday night. Plan on cuddling with my kits tonight - will write more tomorrow!

No comments: