Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gimpy, kits, and new family on the tree

Kathy and Jim got their own internet connection yesterday. Since Kathy was going to be in the neighborhood, I asked if I could borrow a Phillips-head screwdriver to fix my window lock; she was very obliging and I had the window lock repaired in less than 3 minutes... I hate to contact building maintenance when I know I can fix something myself.

Gimpy has been a cooperative photo subject the past two days - so I'll upload a photo or two of the fearless squirrel into the blog soon. The scabs have pretty much disappeared from his nose, but it is now lacking any fur, so he looks rather odd. Lovey has been chasing her favorite pigeon this morning, and Banichi is sitting up in the oak tree, trying to catch something... anything! He took quite a tumble yesterday chasing a butterfly (on the flat in the grass), and it took him almost 30 minutes of grooming to regain his composure. Both kits have been snuggling close at night with the cooler temperatures, and I've loved it.

Lovey has just come back inside - her fur is very warm where she's been sitting in the sun, and she is very regally stretched out in the center of the bed. I can still see Banichi's tail in the tree, so I know where he is. I read through the 1850 US Census for Monongalia County in Virginia last night - before and after the Presidential debate.... and I found another branch of Jeffrey and Kevin's family... now I have to follow them up (a husband, wife, and nine children...) - I wonder how many relatives I'll find from that family branch?

No comments: