Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hail, but no snow

Sometime during NCIS last night we had a good shower of pea-sized hail, but we never got the inch-plus of snow that was forecast. I'm not quite sure what the real temperature was, but at noon it was announced that the wind-chill outside made it feel like 28 degrees.

I was awakened this morning by the placement of a soaking wet miniature dream-catcher being placed gently on my face. Banichi has had it soaking in the water bowl for the past three days - and then he followed it up with his shoestring. I wonder what he got into last night that I don't know about? Lovey has been all over me today - I don't know if it's the windy weather or what...
I have two new young squirrels that are visiting me for food - one boy and one girl. Their bodies are not as large as my hand, and they haven't quite figured out that they can get food out of the peanut chair. They sit to one side and then grab whatever RedBoa and Gimpy bury. This morning the little girl first tried to climb the glass window, then climbed the window screen, and demanded inside. Even Lovey and Banichi chittering at her was not a deterrent.

The surname I couldn't make out in the Census was "Gaver" - and they had a large family. There are now over 1000 entries for Kevin's family tree and I've just been double-checking on the Devine surname!!!

No comments: