Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I am pooped!

Silver and Smiley certainly have a high energy level - We walked/jogged for 90 minutes this morning and I'll take them to Kathy and Jim's this afternoon for free play in their backyard. Then we'll take another walk before dinner. I know I'll have lost weight by the time their Mom returns tomorrow afternoon. I was the middle of a sandwich again last night, which was fine with me. Smiley didn't snore as much last night, but she kept having "running dreams" and was twitching a good deal. Silver is just a big, quiet love.

The kits were extremely happy to see me, as usual. Lovey is sitting at the base of the aspen tree/s by the fence and one of the smaller squirrels is cussing her out loudly. Banichi has come back inside and is taking another few bites of his favorite crunchy food. Since I got home later than I usually get up, the squirrels had raided the sunflower feeder, so I had to refill it when I got home today; I also topped off the no-waste seed and put out the peanuts.

The Democratic County Headquarters got hold of me yesterday, and I'll be in a poll-watchers class tonight from 6 to 8, so I will be registered and approved by the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
The newspaper reports that 25% of registered voters in Boulder County have already voted early - either by mail-in ballot (like me) or at one of the open early polls.

And, something to look forward to, maybe (?), is the 10th Annual Boulder Naked Pumpkin Run
on Friday, Halloween, night. Right now I can't remember if it's on Pearl Street or on Broadway - but I can look it up if I really care. I will be back home after 1 tomorrow to be with my kits and continue my genealogy research... Unless something comes up, I'll be here until the 22nd of November when I begin 8 solid weeks of house/pet-sitting. Take care of yourselves!

No comments: