Thursday, October 2, 2008

Indian Summer Ending

The weather forecasters are saying that our Indian Summer will be ending soon; it's been in the 70s, 80s and 90s since the autumnal equinox. A front from the Pacific Northwest is headed this way, and snow is predicted above 10,000 feet for Saturday night. CU's Homecoming football game is this Saturday, and the forecasters are saying we'll have a high of 75, but it will be very windy, which will play hell with Folsom Field's air currents. Sunday we'll have afternoon showers with highs in the mid-60s and Monday our high might reach 60, with rain. We need the rain. I will not complain about rain or snow... it is desperately needed.

I'm looking forward to the scheduled debate tonight between the VP candidates. I laughed heartily at SNL's opening skit with, supposedly, Katie Couric interviewing Gov. Palin - what has been made painfully clear, however, is that Gov. Palin's lines were copied, almost verbatim, from real interviews. That's scary. (I also laughed at the footage of a black bear pulling the door open and letting itself into a Subway Sandwich Shop in Canada - apparently it didn't find anything appetizing, and let itself back out the front door - all this while the manager was hiding in the restroom.)

Still in Brighton this morning - have fed all the critters and taken Nikki for a long walk. Am getting ready to head back to Boulder - to see and love my kits, to see Nancy (my therapist), and to meet with Rosie and Remy's owners. As Nikki has to stay in her crate while I'm gone, I'm putting off leaving for as long as possible. I awakened early this morning as the cats were sorting out who was sleeping where, and thought that the power was out again - but Shadow was immediately in front of the bright, bedside LED clock. I just nestled deeper and let the cats arrange their own sleeping spots.

I am looking forward to spending next week at home - sleeping, loving and cuddling my kits, listening to and watching the birds and squirrels outside, and, hopefully, getting a few more good photos that I can share with you on the blog.... Enjoy yourselves!

No comments: