Sunday, October 5, 2008

Splish-Splash!

Football didn't go too badly yesterday - 6 of my 7 teams won; the Buffs Homecoming was spoiled by the Texas Longhorns, but that was somewhat expected. The mountains have quite a bit more snow on them this morning than yesterday, and I expect they will all be snow-capped after tonight.

I don't think Natasha and Boris have ever watched someone take a bath - they watched me yesterday afternoon... and I was enchanted by their reactions. Natasha just sat on the edge of the tub and watched the water, watched me, and watched her brother. Boris got himself situated on a corner and started patting the water with his right paw; he then switched to his left paw; he was fascinated with both the sound and the movement of the water. Soon he was dipping his forelegs in up to his elbow and making the water boil with his paw and arm motions; after he had tried this with first one, then the other forelegs, he settled his haunches well and stuck both arms in - and was apparently extremely pleased with the effects he created. Finally, without my coaxing him at all, he slid slowly into the tub, walked all the way around me (up to his belly in warm water)and then sat and played "splash" like any young child would do. I need to warn his people that he has a new hobby.

My kits are sitting on either end of my desk - even though the patio door is wide open. They've both been out, and apparently do not appreciate the several large piles of trash left by the CU-Texas tailgaters in the backyard. I've got to run back to Brighton, but will be returning home for a couple of weeks this evening.... Yeah!!! My own bed and kits to sleep with!

No comments: