Thursday, November 13, 2008

80 mph Gusts

It's windy this morning. The wind started picking up about 11 last night - and we're under a High Wind Advisory through this evening, with gusts up to 80 mph this afternoon. The northern and central ski resorts on the western slope are expected to garner 6 to 12 inches of snow by tomorrow morning. I wore my ear muffs out walking this morning - not due to cold, but due to the wind.

The kits are having a blast with the wind and are skittering about like maniacs. Yesterday I had the patio door open for them, and was busy in-putting data into Kevin's family tree, when I felt that I was being stared at - I tilted my head slightly to the right and saw one of the young squirrels sitting in the center of my bed, looking back at me. I slowly turned my head toward him/her and then moved my arm, saying, "You don't belong in here." As soon as I started to move my arm and speak, the little guy shot out of the door... (without leaving any presents in/on the bed, thank goodness!)

I'm heading over to the Irish Setter house this evening - I won't be pet-sitting until the day after Thanksgiving, but both dogs are older and anxious, and we want them to get used to my presence. The family is going to a basketball game tonight, and I'll be there while the family is gone, reading to Rosie and Remy. Coming up, I have Brandi, the blind dog; followed and overlapped by Ooch again; then Rosie and Remy, followed by Smiley and Silver, and then Suki and Boo. After a three day break, I'll have Lucy and Pepper, another 3 day break, and then 10 days of Rosie and Remy again. Wow -- I am really grateful to the person who first thought of and published a monthly wall calendar!!!

No comments: