Monday, November 3, 2008

Boones and Boyers

Breezy, mild, and partly cloudy -that sums up this morning. Please excuse me if I seem more incoherent than usual, I couldn't sleep last night and finally got about 2 hours worth of rest... the kits were very understanding as I tossed and turned and finally got up again and pottered about with the computer. The wind picked up around midnight, and is blowing straight into my patio, bringing a load of leaves. The kits are outside chasing each other and having a ball. It's not that much cooler, but the breeze brings an edge to the air.

I came across the name of Lincoln Boone while up-dating Kevin's family tree - LB married into the Boyer family, so since Daniel Boone had originally come from the same area in Pennsylvania, I started investigating. Sure enough, Lincoln is the Daniel Boone's cousin. - Of course, just about everyone in the world is related to someone famous, but I get a kick out of tracing the family back to certain pioneers and famous/infamous people. (And all the more so since I was head-over-heels in love with Fess Parker's portrayal of Daniel Boone in the 1960s. - Did you know that Fess Parker is allergic to horses?)

I guess I'm going to have to start a savings fund to visit Chincoteague. I find I miss the sound of the sea and the gulls. I miss going over to Assateague and looking at the hundreds of different kinds of birds, and the smell of the sea in the air. Ah, well....
I met one of the elections judges for my voting precinct yesterday. His name is Neill and he said he'll totally co-operate with me as a Poll Watcher. I also received a phone call asking me to listen in on a legal conference call regarding the elections tomorrow. They promised it would be short - I admit I hung up after 50 minutes of long-distance inanities.

No comments: