Thursday, November 6, 2008

Brisk morning

The kits were warm and purring bed companions last night and this morning - I think they knew I was upset, and both have been sticking by me this morning, too. A word for this morning's walk was brisk. It was in the 20s and I bundled up for the first time this fall to go out walking. Currently it's 37 degrees, with a wind chill of 30; the patio door is cracked open, and birds and squirrels abound on the patio and in the backyard. Lovey and Banichi are chasing each other, and occasionally are half-heartedly chasing the squirrels that will run from them (if the squirrels stop and look at the cats, the cats stop chasing them).

I need to check with Ooch's family, as I am supposed to start taking care of him tomorrow. He's elderly and has been quite ill, and his owner is never sure that he'll even survive the night... After Ooch, I'm home with the kits until the 22nd of November, when I'll start at Brandi's house; a couple of days before Thanksgiving, I'll add Ooch to my care list (he'll be just across the street), if he's still with us.

Today is the 5th anniversary of my husband's death. As with all couples, we had our ups and downs - and I still love him dearly. I miss his quirky grin, the sparkle in his green eyes when he was teasing, and most of all, his love and support. Here's to the memory of Jeffrey Dale Devine!

No comments: