Friday, November 21, 2008

Foggy a.m.

It's grey, foggy and cloudy this morning - and it's 32 degrees outside right now. Lovey is sitting in my lap, watching my fingers on the keyboard; Banichi is curled up in a ball on the loveseat. I washed all of their blankies yesterday, and they seem to be miffed with me. Yesterday, when I came back from my walk, the tops of the Flatirons were behind clouds; this morning, one can't even see them.

Besides my morning walk, I've gone grocery shopping - cat food, snacks for the drive to Missouri, and Coca-Cola. I will definitely need the caffeine and sugar to keep me going. I've also thrown a couple of my favorite CDs into the grab bag for the drive. When I drove to Colorado four years ago, I drove west on 36, the Pony Express route; we're making the shortest drive on this trip, so it'll be I-70 across Kansas... I've been on I-70 across the eastern Colorado plains, but usually jump off the Interstate when I get into Kansas. A friend told me this morning that driving across Kansas on I-70 at this time of year is totally boring; "it's like a lunar landscape," I was told. Oh, well... I'm sure I'll see something I haven't seen before....

When I got up this morning, in the dark, to go walking, I stepped on something soft and furry on my bed-side rug... I hurriedly turned on the light and found a dead mouse. One of the kits is doing their job! I'll be headed over to Kathy and Jim's this afternoon to make lemon pound cake to take with us to Sarah's, and I'll brief Jim on caring for Brandi, as well as giving him the house key for her care. Then I'll need to pack and hopefully get some sleep for tomorrow's trip.

No comments: