Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We'll be happy to get to 40 degrees today - it's grey, cloudy and blah outside. We're expecting a light sprinkle of snow this evening, but nothing that will stick. We hope to have snow again on Saturday night - maybe a little more than tonight.

A wonderful lady (whom I regard as my sister) asked where my arms disappeared to in the previous photo (me outside Abilene, KS) - and I had to look to figure out what was going on. I had my hands behind my back while Kathy took her first photo using a digital camera - mine. Otherwise I'd probably have crossed my arms under my bosom and above my belly and looked even stranger! It was the first time I've ever stopped and eaten at a Sonic Drive-In.

I made 2 gallons of corn pudding yesterday evening and two lemon pound cakes before bed. I still have to wash and pat dry the blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries and arrange them on the serving tray (with a center of almonds). I'm currently at home, and need to shower and get back to Brandi's to finish preparing the fruit & nut tray. I need to check in on Ooch before we go up to Fort Collins for the Snow gathering; Brandi's folks get home late tonight; I get to sleep at home with the kits tonight, and then start off with Rosie and Remy Friday morning. Saturday morning I get Smiley and Silver, while Sunday afternoon I also acquire Suki and Boo - along with Ooch each day, too. My one hope for the weekend is that I get to watch the Florida - Florida State game on Saturday.

I got together most of my items for my first care package for my adopted soldier in Iraq - I'll put it in the mail tomorrow. It is Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful for my friends and family scattered throughout the US; I am thankful that I can have two wonderful cats like Leofgifu and Banichi; I am thankful for the health that I have, the roof over my head, and the food that I eat. I am thankful that I can read anything I want, whenever I want. I am thankful that the internet gives me a relatively inexpensive way to stay connected with my extended family, friends, and the world at large - since I am such a terrible letter writer. (That's why I make myself write to Matthew in Iraq once a week!) Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you today and every day!!

No comments: