Tuesday, November 4, 2008

National Election Day

Knowing that I'll be standing from 9:30 to 1:30 today, I only walked 3 miles this morning. It was 42 degrees outside when I got back home, carrying a warm fresh apple danish. I had fed the kits before I left, so upon my return, I opened the patio door, swept the patio and filled the critter feeders. Then I had breakfast and looked at the weather forecast and looked at the reports of early morning voting turn-out.

One of the ladies who works in the bakery made the comment that someone in her apartment complex had posted where the local precinct is located, along with an arrow for direction and the info that it was only two blocks down the street. She said she thought that was a super idea, because she hadn't known where she needed to go to vote, and she wanted to thank whoever it was who lived there. I said, "You're welcome." She blinked, then laughed, then said she should have known it was my door.

While I was doing research yesterday, I heard a very angry squirrel outside and looked to see "Momma" sitting in the peanut chair beside my desk cussing out Banichi. Momma started coming for food about a week after the little baby squirrels showed up - and her underbelly looks like she's still nursing... Banichi was just sitting there, about two feet away from her, but he was eyeing her rather intently. I knocked on the window and said his name - he heaved a big sigh and wandered back inside - I think he was enjoying listening to Momma chew him out.

Having spent 7 hours in the last two weeks in classes on how to be a Poll Watcher (and then learning the named was being changed to a Poll Checker, because a Poll Watcher was going to be a duly appointed lawyer), including a one-hour soiree last night, I will be blogging more when I return from my precinct - just so I can write about what's going on today.
Oh, and we're under a Winter Weather Advisory starting at 6 pm tonight - expecting a mixture of rain and snow Wednesday afternoon/evening. Western slope areas are expecting 4 to 18 inches of snow by Thursday morning. Looks like fall is here!

No comments: