Sunday, November 2, 2008

SNL & Olbermann

I guess I'm in a better mood today... I got to watch the Gators chomp the Bulldogs, and the Gamecocks shred the Volunteers. And I thoroughly enjoyed both games! Maybe I'm still down because this is the day that Mom passed away, and Thursday will be the anniversary of Jeff's death... But I didn't mess up the time - I turned my watch and clocks back yesterday afternoon at 5:30; it made for a long evening.

I did laugh myself silly last night watching Saturday Night Live - John McCain, even if I don't support his policies, does know how to poke fun fun at himself and seems to enjoy it; and the skit on Keith Olbermann was completely hysterical! I tried to hold my snorts and hoots down to a half-way decent level - I'm sure my anti-bird-feeding neighbor would not have appreciated my normal outbursts at that time of night.

The weather this morning is glorious; low 50s, a slight cloud cover coming in from the west, low humidity. My walk was highly enjoyable, the more so since I saw few people, and a great deal of wildlife out along the Boulder Creek Path. Squirrels, raccoons, chipmunks, at least 10 kinds of birds, and a fox were my payment during my walk. I do miss the woodchucks/whistling pigs/groundhogs that were always on the property back in Crows - and the barn swallows. The kits are outside, Gimpy has poked his head in the door to say good morning before grabbing some peanuts, and I have the newspaper to peruse... Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

No comments: