Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Toss'n'turn night

After learning that my cousin is terminally ill, I didn't sleep well last night - and I had the strangest dreams! I was in search of a pair of stretch slippers that looked like they were made of emerald green mylar - a weird twist on the Wizard of Oz? And then I had to cross a raging river... I recently read about the discovery of cenotes in Mexico that archeologists think might have been a recreation of the Paths of the Dead - maybe that was in my brain, too.

The morning is bright and blue skied; the birds and squirrels are stuffing themselves on my patio, and Lovey and Banichi are out basking in the sunshine. Since I have the curtains open, the sun is shining through the windows and the temperature is very comfortable inside, even though the patio door is open about 8 inches wide. Walking was an enjoyable experience today, and I saw very few people out and about - and those people were swathed in heavy clothes. Me? My jeans, sneakers, T-shirt and a light-weight jacket... as usual, people were giving me odd looks.

I've just started on another section of Kevin's family tree, and am thoroughly enjoying reviewing and up-dating the information. I hope to go visit my cousin in Missouri, and if I do, this blog will be blank for a few days... Will let you know...

No comments: