Saturday, November 22, 2008

Travel Day... Will Write again Tuesday!

No wonder I felt chilled out walking yesterday morning - it was 19 degrees outside! It was a little warmer this morning; and I'm doing this early so I'll miss blogging only on Sunday and Monday. The kits are outside running like nuts - not knowing they won't be allowed out again until Tuesday. They know that something is up... but haven't yet seen me pack. That will be the big tip-off for them.

I went to Kathy and Jim's yesterday and baked two lemon pound cakes - the first one I put in came out fine; the second was burnt. The first will go with us to Glenn's memorial; the second was sugically removed from the pan and then trimmed and is sitting in tiny pieces in a tupperware box for Jim to snack on. The one that burnt was at the front of the oven, and cooked for a shorter period than the other... Oh, well.... At least I got one presentable cake to take with us.

Have to go pack - and get the kids inside...

No comments: