Wednesday, December 17, 2008

40 today?

It's bright and sunny out - snow melt is dripping off the balcony and roof above onto my patio - and it's a whole 17 degrees outside! It's a veritable heat wave! The weather folks say we might reach 40 today and tomorrow, with another Arctic front coming in on Saturday, so Sunday's high might be 3. I'll be with Lucy and Pepper over the weekend, and with the temps that are projected, I think the kits will have to make do with plenty of dry food and water - I really don't want to walk 7 miles round-trip from the bus stop to L&P's house on a daily basis. ... Or is that being selfish?

Our CBS station had the hiccups last night and showed a 3-minute segment of NCIS 3 times - the Director picked up and sat down his Christmas presents bag, spoke with Gibbs, and spoke with DC Metro all 3 times... it was weird. I'm enjoying an Edward Marston book, Murder on the Brighton Express, which is set in the 1850s and has a lot of English railway history within it's covers. Then I have a new Beatrix Potter mystery, as well as a new Wen Spencer sci-fi novel to explore.

There is a large flock of sparrows, mixed with both purple and house finches, vigorously attacking the feeders outside; and the fox came by again last night - I had a bowl of kibble waiting for him, so he fed nicely. I took a photo of his pawprints in the snow this morning, as well as one of Lovey chasing mini-snowballs. I hope everyone is staying warm!

No comments: