Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brrrrrrrr!!!

I awoke to 3+ inches of snow this morning - and it has kept falling. Kathy called me from the Houston Airport at 7:30 to ask how the weather was... I told her cold and snowing, but fine. At that point, it was 0 degrees at DIA, with a wind chill of -21. Their kitchen thermometer was reading 6... at least they will get home to heat.

Sometimes being a critter sitter is embarrassing. Yesterday, a family member walked by with Rosie and Remy while I was out in the yard. I walked over and petted them, talked a minute or two, and left. Rosie refused to get up and leave; her owner finally convinced her to move, but she only walked about ten feet and then laid down in the snow and refused to leave. Talk about embarrassing! Here's a dog I've actually had in my care for less than 72 hours, and she'd rather stay with me than go home with her owner... It took her owner 5 minutes to convince her to leave.

Lovey has stuck to me like glue since Kathy and Jim dropped me off at home. She must be physically touching me or she's not happy. Banichi has crawled all over me, and I'm sure that when I lie down I'll have both of the kits attached like leeches. I did miss them! But apparently they missed me, too!

No comments: