Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Day Off?

While I did not blog yesterday, in no way did I have a day off... Arising early, I loved and fed my kits, cleaned their potty boxes, and lavished special treats on them. Then I headed up to north Boulder with a stuffed-full backpack, two grocery bags of fruit, a tray for the fruit, and a large box of gift bags filled with booty for the extended family. I arrived at the Irish kids' house at 7:34, loved them, walked them, and then started washing and patting dry various fruits and veggies; then I had to label the gift bags; then it was 9:45 and the family brunch began at 10. I carried all the gift bags over and then had to return and carry back over the fruit tray... Our high yesterday was 34, with bright sun; we're hoping for 52 today and maybe 60 tomorrow... the snow that's been around since the 13th might actually melt!

The kits have been all over me since I got home - Lovey has placed muddy pawprints all over my jeans and long-sleeved T, and seems intent on adding more. Banichi is sun-bathing, the birds have made a few attacks on the feeders, but the kits are out there - which hasn't made any difference to the squirrels, they're just eating away. I'll only be posting my blog when I'm here visiting the kits, and the times might vary widely, but I'll be trying to get things done. My nephew Mike saw my blog for the first time yesterday, and has decided that he needs to have a blog for his tattoo business, in which he can also show his artistry and art work...

I had 2.5 guests at the party yesterday - Kathy and I "split" Mimi, as I know her as a client, and Kathy knows her from Meeting; and then I also invited a couple from County Surrey in England because (a) I enjoy speaking with the husband whenever I see him and (b) I thought Grandma Anne could use a "Brit pickup" for the holidays... it must be awful not having someone nearby who doesn't share some of the same memories... And Richard and Anne were a great hit with everyone, as was Mimi! So I guess I did well.... Kathy and Jim said I did, so it must be...

I ended up taking the Irish kids on 3 short walks and 1 long one yesterday; the last time we were joined by Kathy and Jim and Suki and Boo... The Irish kids seemed to get a kick out of being part of a pack, and all persons with four feet behaved exceptionally well; as did Silver and Smiley during their visit to the party. So I was finally able to relax about 5:30 yesterday evening; I read to both Remy and Rosie until I fell asleep - I think they were both sleeping, too - at least Remy had been snoring off and on for about an hour. We went upstairs to bed about 11, and Remy slept with me, while Rosie slept in her bed at the foot of the bed. It sounded like a pack of raccoons got into a fight about 3 this morning, but Rosie and Remy were too pooped to investigate the sounds...

No comments: