Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Fox in the Apartment

I fed Suki and Boo at 6 a.m., having left Silver and Smiley at 5:45; I then took Smiley and Silver to the North Boulder Dog Park and let them play with their usual buddies for 2 and a half hours. I then took them back to Suki and Boo's, while I came home to take care of my kits. I had had a bit of corn pudding left over from Thanksgiving, and had placed the pan out on the patio yesterday; when I got here this morning, I looked out the back window, saw there was still plenty of bird seed and a few peanuts left from yesterday, and cracked the patio door open for the kits to run in and out. Then I sat down here at the computer ... the kits were busy slurping canned food in the kitchen area ... I heard a nice, sharp crunching of dry food by my feet, looked down and saw a young red fox contentedly eating away. I was dumb-founded. I still feel that way... Lovey finished with her shredded meat and gravy and came this way; she saw/smelled the fox and fuzzed up and started to growl. Banichi joined her. The two of them chased the fox out of the apartment and across the yard! I am guessing that the fox had been snacking on the corn pudding and decided to see what else was available....

The weather yesterday was warm but windy - we had a gust recorded at 88 mph in the middle of the afternoon. Today, we're expecting a high of 62; tomorrow's high might be 38 - with snow. We really need precipitation of some sort - normally in November we get 12 inches of snow and a couple inches of rain; this year we got a trace of rainfall and .98 inches of snow. The grasses and fields are really showing the lack of moisture now. I plan on moving the kits into Kathy and Jim's house with me either later tonight or sometime tomorrow - then I hope to get back on track with my blogging and research and posting Kevin's family on the web.

No comments: