Monday, December 22, 2008

Holidays, football, kits

Happy Hanukkah! The rememberance of the miraculous holy oil that lasted for 8 days (when it should have burnt out in an hour or so) began at sunset last night. - And the Winter Solstice gathering was very nice, at Mimi's house. I saw several friends, and learned the names of people (whom I had only known by the names of their dogs, previously) I speak to regularly.

It's an overcast morning, and even though it's 12 outiside, it seems much colder since the sun is not shining off the snow. I got to root on Champ Bailey in the Denver defense yesterday, but saw them fall to Buffalo... now they have to win next Sunday to make the playoffs... But the Gators will face Oklahoma on January 8th - and I'm already more than ready for the kickoff!

The kits were extremely happy to see me yesterday - after eating their canned food, I was mobbed by them - Banichi ended up draped across my head and shoulders while I sat in my reading chair, while Lovey burrowed under my sweater, and then tried to get under the T-shirt as well. I told her she could snuggle like that when I get back home tonight. I also had to refill all the feeders, and I put out some kibble with canola oil on it for the fox. I gave the kits some Temptations when I left, so they were contentedly munching when I snuck out to get back out here. (Oh, and Sarah !- your package arrived on Saturday - the kits pushed it around on the floor last night and were intrigued by the sounds from within!)

Tonight I get to sleep with Lovey and Banichi in my bed; tomorrow morning, I'll walk Rosie and Remy around 10; then I have to get busy putting together and wrapping the Christmas gifts for the immediate family - I just hope I can remember where I've got stuff tucked away! My main problem is putting items where the cats won't demolish them - which usually leaves the bureau drawers as the only safe place... so I guess I can look over my wardrobe while I get gifts together.... Have a happy!

No comments: