Monday, December 8, 2008

Klutzy, klutzy...

Well, my GP thinks I've broken my thumb... Last night I fell down the stairs at Kathy's - I was mid-way down the staircase and I guess my mind went into another dimension, because I took a step straight forward instead of down, and tumbled down the stairs, landing with my right hand and wrist braced against the wall and floor. I did not drop or break the saucer in my left hand! But I am pretty banged up with loads of bruises and some weird swelling of knee and hand... She wanted me to go to the ER, get it X-rayed and casted, but I need my right thumb and hand through the Christmas season... I go back next Monday and have fasting blood work done...

Suki is not tolerating Boo's attentions well today. Rosie and Remy and I had a wonderful time on our walk. Lovey and Banichi were extremely happy to see me and get love, attention and food - not in that order. It is grey and yucky here - not really cold, but damp; we're expecting rain changing to slush changing to snow this afternoon and evening, with a total of 4 to 8 inches by noon tomorrow. Oi!

There were about 15 deer in the backyard at Kathy and Jim's last night; luckily both dogs were asleep, or they would have burst my eardrums with barking. I hope to be able to snuggle with my kits tomorrow - and I have to remember that I need to put the trash out tonight at the house; which means I need to clean out the refrigerator, too. Otherwise, all is well - I just have to get back to K & J's in case the heater people show up.

No comments: