Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lucy & Pepper

It's a gloriously beautiful day outside - the snow is shining on the snow, it's 25 degrees out, and I've just come back from a 5 mile walk-jog with Pepper and Lucy. Pepper's coat is getting lighter as he gets older - I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't a silver-smoke color within the next two years. Yesterday I was invited to a brunch to celebrate Laura's birthday up in Loveland - if I'd had more warning, I'd have accepted... but I didn't pack for it, nor did I have a card or gift, so I'm just here with the dogs.

I finished the Beatrix Potter mystery last night, and am about to embark on one of Wilbur Smith's adventures - Lucy spent the night under the covers with me, and about 2 a.m. I had to put Pepper in his crate; he wouldn't/couldn't stay still and sleep in bed , but he did in his crate - I had a hard time waking him up this morning to go out and potty before breakfast. Lucy decided to eat a small pinecone last night, before Pepper could even sniff it. Of course, she barfed it back up again before we went to bed...

I do miss my kits. I won't see them until tomorrow, when I'll have an hour to love them, feed them, feed the outside critters, and clean their litter boxes before hying off to a Winter Solstice gathering; then I'll be back here with Pepper and Lucy until Monday evening. Then I'll get to sleep with my kits again. I'll have four nights with them before I'm off to the Irish kids. Ah, Lovey and Banichi, I long to sleep with you again, soon!

No comments: