Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Unfortunate happenings

Unfortunately for Lucy and Pepper's family, they became ill while in the mountains and had to return early yesterday. The kits and I celebrated by spending the afternoon in bed, snuggling, reading and napping (and Banichi decided my hair needed grooming, too). It's 23 outside and I've had my morning walk - we're expecting 3 to 7 inches of snow this afternoon/evening...

I'm about to bolt out the door to go to the bank and then go walk Rosie and Remy. Jim, Kathy's husband, is doing poorly. He had several small cuts and bites that seemed to be infected when he returned from Peru, but hadn't been to a doctor about them. A spot on his arm burst open yesterday and he finally conceded that he needed medical attention. The doctor believes it's a staph infection, and has ordered out the antibiotics; he also cultured the wounds to be sure. So Jimmy is not feeling well at all...

I'll blog more when I return!

No comments: