Saturday, December 13, 2008

Warm before the freeze

Kathy and Jim's furnace is finally fixed! The blower control unit had to be replaced, and then Bill had to adjust the diaphragm... But it is working!

The kits are sticking close after having a quick run and sun-bath outside. The sunrise was beautiful this morning - mostly pale blue sky, with small broken bars of orange and pink cloud. We walked around Wonderland Lake this morning with a temperature in the low 30s; supposed to get up to the low 50s, and then get windy in front of the Arctic front late this afternoon. The weather folks are now saying the high tomorrow might reach 18, with a low of -3 Sunday night; we won't get above 30 for at least the next week. Hey, it's December in Colorado!

I do have to get blood drawn and fill out my financial info on Monday... other than that I plan on sticking at home for the rest of the week! I have books, and my cats, food, and the internet. I'm all set for nasty weather and hunkerin' down. Will get K & J at Denver International tomorrow morning and then disappear into my bolt-hole here.

No comments: