Friday, December 19, 2008

Weather, critters and books

It's not quite 9 a.m., and we're actually above the freezing mark - well, one degree above - but that's nice! The sun is shining, the kits are playing outside on the patios and in the snow, and the squirrels are scolding the kits because most of them are afraid to come eat with the kits out and about. Another Arctic cold front is due in tonight/tomorrow, so we'll have high temps around 10 (maybe) and they say the Saturday night low will be about -8. Oh boy!!

I'm heading out to Lucy and Pepper's this evening, and plan to take my camera, so I can get some pics of those two rascals. They are both so cute and so lively and just so loving. I'll get back to my place on Sunday to see to my kits' wants, and then I'll come back home Monday evening. I'm sure Lovey and Banichi will feel abandoned again - and stick to me like glue for Christmas week - and then I head over to the Irish kids for 8+ days.... The kits won't trust me on the "leaving them" front for a while (and I can't blame them!)...

I picked up four more books from the library - that ought to hold me through the weekend. I grabbed two Wilbur Smith's, a new Midnight Louie mystery, and a new book by Diane A. S. Stuckhart, which is touted as a "Leonardo da Vinci mystery." I know that I will thoroughly enjoy 3 of the 4, so I hope the Leonardo book keeps me entertained as well! And I have access to the internet at Lucy and Pepper's, so I know that I will not be bored in any way, shape , or form.
Have a grand weekend!! (Remember, Hanukkah begins at sundown on Sunday; the Winter Solstice occurs Sunday morning; Saturnalia can't be far away!)

No comments: