Friday, January 30, 2009

Beautiful Weather!

I finished the Wilbur Smith book last night and have read the first 6 chapters of Sheri Tepper's book. I am enjoying it so far. I ended up grabbing 9 books from the library yesterday, none of them a W Smith... so I have quite a bit of reading to do. It was 30 degrees when I went out walking this morning - Lovey awakened me at 5:30, and once I had opened my eyes, she sat and talked to me and washed my eyebrows until I had to get up. It's now just over 32 outside, the sun is shining, and the wind is not blowing. It's gorgeous! The birds were out early, as were the squirrels,and I ran into a raccoon trundling along to its' lair a little late this morning. The kits are out playing in the sun and mud, and are having a ball.

I logically knew that ex-football player, and now TV commentator, Chris Collingsworth was near me in age. I remember him being celebrated as the walk-on receiving sensation at UF while I was there - but it was a surprise to hear that both he and Keith Olbermann had turned 50 on the 27th of January this week. I know Chris has a son playing high school football, and I was astonished to notice that he had grey at his temples the other day... but I guess because my mental set says I'm 12, I expected Chris to be 10. And I know I've been watching too much in the sports department, because when I was flipping channels a few weeks ago, I paused at a football game - and identified the commentators by their voices: Tom Hammond and Chris Collingsworth.

I felt creative and hungry yesterday afternoon, so I made saffron rice with green peas, lightly steamed some broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, and baked a chicken breast stuffed with apricots and raisins. It was good, even if I say so, myself. I had it for a late lunch and an even later supper. What surprised me was that the kits ate a little of everything, except the raisins and apricots.... Lovey had to chase her peas across the floor before capturing and eating them, but Banichi just hunkered down and pretty much inhaled. - Have a great Friday!

No comments: