Thursday, January 22, 2009

Critters and Books

We broke the record for high temperatures yesterday - got up to 71; we're expecting to do the same again today, even though there are quite a few clouds out there right now. The clouds are a forerunner of a new cold system that (hopefully) will give us rain and/or snow tomorrow morning, Sunday and Monday. Yeah!!! I walked the Irish kids from their home over to Wonderland Lake yesterday, and then stopped by to see Suki and Boo on the loop back home; Rosie and Remy had a grand time running in the backyard with the girls, and Rosie took her usual snow-bath.

Lovey and Banichi are out prowling in the backyard - they are still chasing the younger squirrels around, but seem to have stopped trying to grab the smaller birds. Lovey is now stomping around on my chest, but I have a charcoal grey T on, so she isn't leaving a lot of paw prints. I will be heading over to the Irish kids again in about an hour - and then I'll have 4 days at home, other than the library. I awakened myself this morning: now I can't remember what the dream was, but I awoke to hear myself saying out loud, "Thank you, but no." and then giggling. It must have been a good/nice type of dream... And I'm still slogging through Dragonheart - Anne's books about Pern and its' residents have always caused me to devour her books; I couldn't put them down. This book by her son Todd is something that I can put down easily; I'm interested in the story, but it just doesn't have the gripping appeal that his Mother's writing has.

Not much else going on around here - a mountain lion grabbed another small terrier in North Boulder; a 30-year-old man rode his bicycle in the dark, wearing dark clothing and no helmet, and with no reflective items or lights on his bike - he was struck and critically injured - and his family wants to sue the driver for hitting him; and a woman claims that a cow knocked her down and stomped on her out in an Open Space area where livestock are communally grazed (she refused medical care at the site, so I don't think the cow really "stomped" on her!). And the City of Boulder is going to re-vamp their fleet of vehicles - and I'm e-mailing them to suggest they switch over to Scoot Coupes for all local driving... it will really save them money!! And I'm stopping by The Bookworm on the way home from the Irish kids - I hope I have luck in finding the books I'd like!

No comments: