Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Day After...

Yesterday's and today's sunrises were beautiful; all orange and blue. The temperature settled at 68 degrees in the afternoon, and we're expecting 70 or 71 today. It's a nice little bit of warmth, but we really need rain and/or snow. Lovey is sitting, as usual, between the keyboard and me. Banichi is sitting at the bottom of the privacy fence, trying to convince a squirrel that he is not on the hunt. I walked the Irish kids much later than usual yesterday - I got caught up in the pageantry of the Inauguration, of seeing places where Jeff and I used to wander - and I didn't take Rosie and Remy out until almost 2 in the afternoon. Then I had to go to DIA and pick up Kathy and Jim.

I'm halfway through Dragonheart, a new Pern novel, and I've one Wilbur Smith left to read - guess it's time to head for the library again. I'm still contemplating heading back to the Stock Show on Friday - but we'll see. I'm sure that Suki and Boo were happy to see Kathy and Jim last night - I walk them, but they are used to running with J & K. I actually jogged for 3 blocks the other day to catch the bus, and was amazed that I could actually talk to the driver when I got aboard; I guess walking the doggies is building up my wind (a little, anyway). At the moment, other than walking the Irish kids, I'm not booked for pet-sitting until next month - when the Irish kids have me for 10 days. So I plan on getting back into genealogy research for the Lancasters on my Dad's family, and to continue the Devine/Boyer research and get it posted, also. Plus I'm doing some digging into the Bowden's on Chincoteague for a cousin.

Not really much else to comment on... I'm exhausted, as if I had attended all the Inaugural functions held yesterday, myself. Maybe it's just because I want so much for this new administration to succeed in everything they try. Also, please remember Teddy Kennedy in your prayers, and add a sweeping inclusion for anyone suffering the ravages of cancer. I have quite a few friends battling that nasty monster. Thanks!

No comments: