Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New 2009!

A new year arrived while I was busy reading a new Sneaky Pie Brown mystery to the Irish kids... they seem to especially enjoy the part that Tee Tucker, the Corgi, plays in helping to solve the mysteries, as well as her put-downs of the two cats with whom she lives (the cats being Mrs. Murphy and Pewter). I have also recently finished my third Wilbur Smith novel, this one being the first that was published, back in 1964 (I was 8 then); the Leonardo mystery; and the history of the Sforza family in Milan. We'll start The Hobbit as soon as I'm finished with Santa Clawed.

Rosie and Remy were excellent on their morning walk; we walked up to Lucky's and back, in a loop. Sunrise wasn't that spectacular today - there were banks of clouds to the east, and clear skies to the west; now it's mostly cloudy and the wind is picking up again. We took another short walk through the neighborhood after the Rose Parade; and then I hied myself back to the kits. They are really clinging today - that means they'll be really happy when I sleep at home with them tomorrow night.

The weather folks are forecasting 57 degrees tomorrow; then 38 Saturday with snow flurries, and a high of 32 on Sunday. I guess we can't always have nice weekends.... and I need to visit the library to update my new stash of books to read - I currently have one new one left - Even Cat Sitters Get the Blues - and I should be done with that before the weekend's over, so I need to replenish my store. I'll probably grab 3 or 4 Wilbur Smith books, as well as all the new releases that grab my fancy, and maybe a few more old favorites to savor again...
To one and all, Happy New Year!!

No comments: