Thursday, January 29, 2009

Library Bound

It was 25 when I was out walking this morning - we reached 42 yesterday, but are hoping for only 35 today... But... tomorrow and Saturday we're expecting a balmy mid-50s temperature (before the return of snow on Sunday). The kits had a great time running in and out yesterday afternoon, playing in the sun and digging up mud; they are on the patio sunning this morning, but it's easy to see they miss the warmth of yesterday. I passed my apartment inspection visit yesterday, and found that it's a precursor to a City of Boulder inspection next month. Apparently it's time for the owner to get the City Rental License renewed, so each and every apartment will be inspected.

I am 2/3s through the 600+page A Sparrow Falls, and hope to finish it this afternoon/evening; it's another page-turner by Wilbur Smith. After I finish with the Irish kids this morning, I'm headed for the library to turn in the other 7 books I've read. And last night I received an e-mail that a copy of S. Tepper's The Gate to Women's Country is on the holding shelves for me - so I'll definitely get one more book to read - and possibly 5 to 10 more. That's not counting the 10 books I picked up at The Bookworm the other day...

The Mayor of Boulder has accepted a position in Washington, DC, working for President Obama - so the city will be scrambling for a few weeks.... I have not yet had a response from the City regarding my idea of using Scoot Coupes (www.scootcoupe.com) in the transportation pool, and I still think it's a good idea for such a "green" city as Boulder.... The Rocky Mountain National Park is getting ready to use sharp-shooters to "thin" or "cull" the elk herds; while I and a lot of other proponents say there should be a release of wolves in the Park - they are a natural predator in that area....

No comments: