Monday, January 12, 2009

Snowy Boulder

When I first traveled out to Colorado (back in the 1970s), my sister drummed it into my head that Colorado weather is "changeable." Since I've been here, I've seen the changes up close and personal; it was in the upper 60s one May afternoon, a storm came in from the west, dropped a tremendous rain of large hail, and in 20 minutes, the temperature was below freezing. I last checked out the weather forecast during the 8:30 a.m. news yesterday - and I awoke this morning to 3+ inches of snow, which is still falling like mad. Yesterday's forecast had said that we might get a trace of snow this afternoon - yep, our weather is changeable!

I have filled up the bird feeders and put out some extra peanuts for the squirrels - the small birds are perched in the aspen, but are not currently feeding. There are two young squirrels stuffing themselves here on the patio; my kits are inside, with the door closed, so I'm not quite sure why the birds are holding their distance... oops! I know why: I changed my curtain arrangement; I bet if I release the tie, they'll come flocking! .... OK, that was the answer! The feeders are now being swarmed.

Lovey is definitely of the opinion that I cannot type or research without her help. She has been either in my lap or lying across my chest, or sitting between me and the keyboard since I sat down here. I just asked her, very nicely, if she wouldn't be more comfortable in one of the chairs, or the sofa, or on the bed or burrowed into her favorite bureau drawer. She answered with a queenly "No", and proceeded to walk across the keys... Banichi is curled up on the top level of the cat tree, and is soundly asleep.

Let's see... the Denver Broncos have supposedly hired a new head coach, a youngster from the NewEngland team; Tim Tebow (Go Gators!) is showing how level-headed he is and is going to complete his senior year at UF, instead of going pro; and the Eagles and Steelers won their play-off games yesterday, so I'm happy. I have a crock pot full of homemade tomato sauce and meatballs cooking away, and will probably overeat at dinner. I'll be out walking the Irish kids tomorrow; and I'm waiting to hear back from a lady who asked me about working a 10-week stretch for her... Life trickles merrily along, and I'm trying to keep up!

No comments: