Monday, February 23, 2009

Hair and Cinema

It's a very cloudy Monday, even though we are not expecting rain or snow. I spent yesterday relaxing at home - cuddling with the kits, reading the Sunday papers, and playing on the computer. Oh, and I got my hair chopped off again. Before the Stock Show in Denver, my hair was well past my shoulders; just before the Stock Show, I had it cut and asked for it to be "short - very short," but the stylist left it long enough to be pulled back into a ponytail.... There's no way it can get into a ponytail now. My hair is between between one half and one and a quarter inches long all over my head... it is definitely short now!

It's currently 35 degrees outside and the kits have been chasing one another around the backyard, into the apartment, and back out again. I did not watch the Oscar Awards last night, so I have no clue as to who won anything... I guess I'm turning into "an old fogey," as I don't have much inclination to visit the cinema often. In the past two years, I've been to see two films - the last Die Hard film and the last Indiana Jones film... and I don't rent any, either. I'm one American who is not supporting the entertainment industry. I watch the Encore channels, AMC and TCM for my movie fixes. Banichi just chased off four pigeons, and is now eyeing Gimpy with speculation... Gimpy will fuss at him if he comes close, and Banichi will back down, so I don't have to worry.

I'll be walking the Irish kids Tuesday through Friday, and spending Tuesday night with Suki and Boo. I'll also be feeding the Sammies both times on Wednesday, while Kathy and Jim are out cross-country skiing. Otherwise, I'll be sticking close to home, cleaning and doing research. It's supposed to be in the 60s and upper 50s all week, without a chance of precipitation until (possibly) Friday - maybe I'll break out the shorts!

No comments: