Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy February!

Today is Super Bowl Sunday, as well as the first of February... I guess I'll have the TV on as background noise most of the day; but I will be watching the game and the new ads. Who am I rooting for? I have a sneaking suspicion that the Cardinals will win, but I'm rooting for the Steelers, mainly because I like Troy Polamalu. He plays defense, of course.... I always have liked the guys who play defense (and it started 'way back, when I was in love with Jack Youngblood when he played for the Gators!)...

It's 38 degrees outside and the temperature is supposed to fall throughout the day. The colors of the sunrise were brilliant, and, when I turned to the west the clouds above the Rockies were reflecting the same reds and purples. It was beautiful. My walk was brisk, and about the only other things out and moving were some ravens. The squirrels are starting to visit the feeders now, and the kits are having a ball running around like idiots... I think it's the change in air pressure, but I really have no idea. We hit 63 degrees yesterday, which was not a record (that was 70 in 1957), but it is 20 above our usual high for this time of year. After snow this evening, we're supposed to warm back up to the 50 and 60s again. It sure doesn't feel like winter!

I talked to a friend in Florida last night. We hadn't spoken in quite a while, but we've been best buds since first grade... and we picked right back up again. We talked about ourselves, and our families, our work, and our cats. We finally had to hang up so she could crawl into bed - but we promised to keep in touch. One of the things we talked about were our favorite TV shows while growing up - and almost every one was a Western. Among our favorites were: Bonanza, Laramie, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, The Virginian, Cheyenne, Maverick, Sugarfoot, Rawhide, Bronco, The Roy Rogers Show, The Gene Autry Show, The High Chaparral, Fury, Sky King, The Tall Man, Death Valley Days, Wanted: Dead or Alive, Have Gun Will Travel, The Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, The Big Valley and Lancer. So, as a tribute to some of my favorite TV cowboys, my photos preceding today's blog will be my heroes growing up....

No comments: