Friday, February 27, 2009

The Tumbling Critter Sitter

Having slept for 15 hours, I feel much better now. The sunrise is beautiful, and I took my walk in the dark this morning. The kits are running about and purring like mad - happy that I'm back to my 'normal.' We had Chinook winds yesterday, and I'm sure they contributed to my feeling poorly. I fell into a deep funnel-like hole on Wednesday night - I was watching a fox and wandered off the sidewalk, falling into the Silver Lake Irrigation Ditch street crossing check-point. I had to laugh - I landed on my knees in water and leaves, covered with mud, but did not drop the pan of fudge brownies I was carrying! (Perhaps I should explain that I was walking to the Redwood and 19th St. bus stop, that there are no streetlights in the area, and I was on my way home from taking care of my sister and brother-in-law's critters. - And my brother-in-law is the head of the Silver Lake Irrigation Ditch company....)

The state of Colorado, after hearing that a large number of high schools have drill teams, has agreed to allowing each school district the right to handle "fake guns" (i.e. wood, plastic and duct-taped drill rifles) found in parked vehicles. They agreed they went overboard in the case of Marie Morrow. ... The Denver Broncos have released my favorite player, Ebenezer Ekuban. That leaves only Dre Bly and Champ and Boss Bailey for me to cheer for. ... A cold front came through last night, so we will be leaving the 60s behind us, and there is a slight possibility for snow over the weekend (hooray!). ... An 18-month-old female grey wolf (wearing a GPS collar) has made her way from Yellowstone to the western slope of the Rockies. Two years ago a 2-year-old female (GPS collared) was struck and killed by a car on the Interstate here. What is drawing these single ladies to this area? We did have a good wolf population here until the 1930s, when they were hunted to extinction; is heredity/genetics bringing them back? ... And The Rocky Mountain News, a newspaper that has been published in Denver since 1859, is printing it's last edition today; I'm sorry to see it go.

Since I have no large house-sitting jobs scheduled for March, I hope to get a lot of research done. I have to admit the recent lack of production is entirely my fault, as I have become addicted to Hatchlings and Mafia Wars (they are game applications on Facebook), and keep looking for more eggs to feed my pets, and more experience points to claw my way up the Mafia ladder... Yeah!!! Today is Friday! Enjoy the weekend! (And, if you're looking at my "States of Mind" photos - YES! I am definitely a country girl; not a city girl.)

No comments: